1. Education and Experience: I am thankful for the education and experience given to me here at Salem State from its supportive staff of faculty members. I’ll be thinking of all of you when I cross that stage at graduation.
2. City of Witches: I am thankful to be located in Salem, MA, better known as, the City of Witches. Because of you and all of the history you have, you make for an excellent conversation starter at national conferences with other colleges and universities. “Don’t know about the city of Salem? Let me tell you…”
3. Faculty: I am thankful for the faculty members at Salem State. From the professors, to the advisers, to even the lovely ladies who serve at the university’s cafes, I am thankful for each one of you.
4. Shuttle Bus: I am thankful for the existing shuttle buses that do not judge my lazy legs when I need to get from Central Campus to North Campus. You may not always be on time, but you’re still there for me when I really dread walking in the cold or heat.
5. The New Frederick E. Berry Library: I am thankful for the new library located on North Campus. With your beautiful architecture and awesome amount of seating and computers, you have encouraged me to actually enjoy going there and doing homework. My grades also thank you.
6. The New Harold E. and Marilyn J. Gassett Fitness and Recreation Center: I am thankful for the excellent addition to our university. Now I really don’t have an excuse not to work out after Thanksgiving break.
7. Salem State Series: I am thankful for the chance to listen to high profile speakers during the Salem State Series. From comedian, Jay Leno, to Sen. Cory Booker, their words of encouragement has continued to inspire me since the series began in 1982.
8. Salem State U-Nite: I am thankful to have a week-long celebration every end of October of the day our school became a university with fun and exciting events all over campus. Not to mention the free food that’s provided along with these activities.
9. Student Involvement and Activities: I am thankful for the Student Involvement and Activities here at Salem State who has continuously offered an array of awesome events, like comedian shows and ice skating, to keep me entertained all semester long.
10. Salem State University: Lastly, I am thankful for Salem State University. I am thankful for everything that it represents and offers. We’re a growing community and it’s incredible to see how far we’ve come and how far we’ll continue to go.
From all of us here at Salem State University Student Involvement and Activities,
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving